Friday, March 22, 2019

Blog #5 
When I moved down to Byan I was kind of nervous. Mostly because I don’t really have any friends down here. But at least I have my family and I also I live with my family so didn’t feel alone.  I was also a little nervous about finding a job and starting school. Once I got here and settled down, I was good. I got a job within two weeks living here and made friends at my job. And started school which wasn’t as bad as thought it would be. The only thing is I don’t really talk to the other students unless I must, I keep to myself for the most part. 
My work keeps me occupied for the most part. I work about thirty- one hours a week and go to school at the same time. I have been working there since about September of 2018.  Which it makes it about seven months as of today. I have enjoyed working at Carriage Inn. It feels like a second family every time I go to work. The residents are super sweet. I enjoy talking to them and listen to them tell stories. And going to the events that they have at the retirement home, and dance with them and sing with them. Working there is a blast most of the time. But the only thing that sucks about working at my job is you get attached to the residents; and the residents either get sicker or they pass way. It really makes the job so much harder at time. Since I have been working there only been three residents that has passed away. 
Another thing that was a good that came out of working at my job is my boyfriend. He's name is Philip he is the sweetest guy I have ever meet. But he is a very quiet guy. But once you get him out of his shell, he's the most talkative person. He’s very smart, he’ll tell me random facts about human health and things that he’s been learning in his EMT class. And he’s super funny, I can be upset at work and he knows exactly how to make me smile.  
Moving down here has had a lot of positive outcomes. I'm going to school; I have job that I enjoy and look forward to seeing my residents. I have a lovely boyfriend that treats me right and makes me happy. I have friends that I can hang out and talk to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment